Home Builders Institute (HBI) Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT) Certification Assessments
HBI PACT Programs customize HBI's flexible national building skills training model to best meet the employment needs of the local construction businesses in the communities where they have been established. PACT is based on HBI's National Construction Skill Standards and NAHB's National Green Building Standards.
While formal training isn't required to sit for a certification assessment, HBI encourages completion of the HBI PACT curriculum. Students, instructors, companies, and individuals can take advantage of the many benefits of an HBI PACT certification.
- Students: Assessments are administered as part of a career technical education program with an authorized NOCTI testing site.
- Instructors: To start the assessment and certification process, you must complete and submit the registration form (*you must use the Internet Explorer browser to successfully complete the form).
- Companies and Individuals: Contact NOCTI Business Solutions for details on purchasing and administration of assessments.
Completion of either PACT Core Certification Assessment is required to sit for the Specialty Certification Assessment.
The certification assessments that are currently offered are listed below. Assessment blueprints are available by clicking the test title.
- Core Certification Assessment - Revised
- Green Core Certification Assessment
- Specialty: Building Construction Technology Certification Assessment - Revised
- Specialty: Basic Carpentry Certification Assessment - New
- Specialty: Basic Electrical Certification Assessment - New
- The certification assessment can be administered either paper/pencil or online through QuadNet, NOCTI's online assessment system
- Tests are available in Text-to-Speech format
- Pre-tests are not currently available for this program
Participants that meet or exceed the passing levels shown below are eligible to apply for certification through HBI. Submit the application with NOCTI assessment scores and payment. Upon approval, HBI will award applicable certifications. (*you must use the Internet Explorer browser to successfully complete the form)
|Test Title||Cut Score|
|Basic Carpentry Certification Assessment A21 & A22||70%|
|Basic Electrical Certification Assessment C21 & C22||68%|
|Building Construction Technology Certification Assessment H1 & H2||70%|
|Core Certification Assessment G1 & G2||70%|
|Green Core Certification Assessment GB1||70%|
|Green Core Certification Assessment GB2||73%|